Parish Caring Ministries
St. Peter's has a strong commitment to caring for others: those with whom we share parish life as well as those in the wider community and the world. We take seriously our call to extend God's love, and generosity through tangible acts of caring.
Challenges occur in each of our lives from time to time, whether it be illness, hospital stay, death of a family member, or some other crisis. Parish Caring Ministries are ways in which we give support to one another at St. Peter's during those challenging times. There are various components to these ministries, all of which are overseen by the Caring Ministries Coordinator. They include:
- Providing meals or casseroles
- Visiting by telephone
- Making home visits and sharing communion with those unable to attend Sunday worship
- Taking Sunday bulletins to people unable to attend
- Giving rides to Sunday worship and other events for those with mobility concerns
- Visiting parishioners in hospital
- Prayer Shawl Ministry
- Parish phoning committee
- Ongoing prayer for specific needs
If you wish to be a part of Parish Caring Ministries or you know of someone in need of support, please call the church office at 204-488-8093.